Friday, September 9, 2011

All y'all bitchez is crazy.

I recently decided that I may very well believe in evil. Not that a person could be, de facto, evil, regardless of deeds, but that evil acts can be committed, and humans are sometimes the folks who do such acts.

I really, really don't like it. But I think it might be true.

I've never believed in evil before now. Hell, when I was in my early 20's, I had an ethic of believing pretty much whatever anyone said (about themselves, at any rate). I didn't want to suspect anyone of lying, without proof.

Trouble was, of course, proof was everywhere. I knew a crapload about what awful things people were doing to each other. But I felt like I couldn't believe...I had to give each person a completely clean slate. Which might be a good ideal, but the truth is, for me, sometimes I need to take care of myself, and not give the store away. And that's what "clean slate for you" translated to - for me.

Recently, I saw the tv show "Damages" very close in time to the film "Capitalism: A Love Story." The first is about senators, billionaires, and lawyers, and the fiefdoms they lord over, and the money they spend doing awful things to awful people (each other) while the rank and file gets runt over. The second is about how Goldman Sachs owns America.

The sheer magnitude of things these people are doing - and getting away with - was overwhelming. "So - this is evil?" I think so, maybe, yes. This kind of awfulness, on this scale.

Abused as children? Probably. Makes it okay to do such huge, (and hugely) awful things? Uh, no. NO.

p.s. - the tea party doesn't want to save the economy - they want to save our souls. By their definition of "save," by any means they deem necessary, and regardless of what those (our) souls want.

And you know what? I'm one-a-da crazy bitchez too. I sure as hell don't always live up to my own codes.

Not getting down on myself, I believe. Just seeing things in a different light.

Not sure how this blog is going to go from here - I think I might use it just to dump, a bit. Not get nasty at everything, but brain-dump - you know? If I try to craft these things too heavy, I'll never write 'em.

Anyway, mas tarde, and thanks for comin' by. ;)

la,

Ian

No comments: