Thursday, February 5, 2009

snorin' mornin'

Well, I'm up too early 'cuz I couldn't stop my snorin', and my sweetie needs the sleep more than I do. I have many projects that need attention, and I'm kinda jazzed to dive right in - but I'm worried I'll flounder, 'cuz I'm too tired. And these things need actual attention, you know?

Went to a superbowl party the other day. Hung out with some friends who I haven't seen in a long time; lovely people I'd like to see a lot more often. Actually watched some of, and enjoyed the superbowl (hell of a game this year).

But what I most enjoyed was hanging out with, and talking with folks I hadn't seen in a long time. There was one woman I'd only met once before, at a bad time. Well, she's through that bad time, and everything is better for her. She looked better, she felt better, she was better. It was lovely to see, and to feel.

All these folks are musicians, many of them former professionals. So, I brought my purple clarinet. Now, I was pretty sure that we wouldn't be playing - this was a superbowl party, after all. But I decided that I wanted to bring the clarinet anyway, and at one point, I went into the kitchen and just played and played. Everyone else was in the other room watching the game, and I was just tootin' away.

It was a warm, lovely time.

2 comments:

Zenslinger said...

Ian dips a toe into the world of sports?

Clifford said...

My non-competitive streak is a mile long (evidenced by my 360-acumen, I'm sure), so I've never been able to watch more than 13 seconds of any sporting event without my mind wandering to topics such as how much lint one could store in his belly button before it begins to overflow. That's just me, I guess. Glad you had a rootin' tootin' good time.